eROI works to bring humanity back to the relationships between people and companies.
We need a stellar Production Copywriter to breathe narrative life into experiences, services, products, and branding—in this case, for the world’s largest supplier of athletic shoes and sports apparel.
As a production copywriter, you’ll work with lead writers, designers, developers, and account managers to write inspiring and focused digital messaging—primarily consumer-focused email—that drives readers to connect with our client and their products.
You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working mostly on our Beaverton client’s account, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike.
- Driven by creativity, curiosity, and rational problem-solving
- A strong and approachable communicator
- Well versed in writing short form with clarity, nuance, intelligence, substance, and brevity that is tailored to specific audiences
- Good at receiving and giving critical feedback in a constructive, open, active, empathetic way
- Collaborative and able to understand the difference between opinions and research-informed solutions
- Technically proficient in English grammar, syntax, structure, etc.
- Passionate about sports writing, sneakers, and sportswear
- Allergic to lazy writing and jargon
- No bullshit; a lot of heart
We’ll expect you to
- Write kinetic and intelligent marketing copy informed by project briefs, in service of specific campaign and business goals
- Nail deadlines
- Ask questions and promote a message-first approach to design
- Collaborate with low personal ego
- Occasionally present to clients and colleagues
- Keep partner content on-brand and consistent in style, quality, tone of voice, and user experience
- See creative constraints—sometimes-mad deadlines, incomplete briefs, odd client requests—as opportunities rather than limitations
- Work from both eROI’s headquarters in Old Town, Portland, and from our client’s campus in Beaverton
- A substantive writing portfolio demonstrating both your creative process and your written work for real-world clients
- 3-5 years of professional and project-based copywriting experience, of which no fewer than 2 years should be within a design studio, ad agency, or creative environment
- Experience and passion writing for active lifestyle, sports, and outdoor brands
- BA in English, journalism, advertising, marketing, or related field of study (or equivalent experience)
- Attention to message, detail, quality, organization, and time management in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Chicago Style
- Familiarity with the design process, critiques, and design thinking
Critically, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description. Still with us? Cool! Let’s talk.
eROI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
Please alert the hiring manager or recruiter if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for or perform this job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using special equipment.